Information for Visitors and Guests of LOWC
Introduction: Lake O’ the Woods Club is a family oriented and cooperatively owned nudist club. We work together and have fun together. We depend on friendship, respect, caring, volunteer spirit and cooperation among our members. We work to promote safety and protect the privacy of our membership and visitors. We all share common facilities and need to use common sense as we work together. We welcome children. Nudist visitors who share our values are welcomed during the main season, from approximately mid-May to mid-September. The purpose of this visitor information and these rules is to information to help you enjoy your visit and understand basic rules. The annual schedule, an event schedule, and a detailed set of rules are available from the gatekeeper that includes information about the use of the pool, club house facility, lake, boats, fishing and details on other matters.
VISITING IS A PRIVILEGE THAT MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME
1. It is the responsibility of all members and guests to maintain a family atmosphere.
2. Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children at all times.
3. Clothing, of any kind, is not allowed while in the lake, in the pool or in the sauna. Visitors are expected to practice social nudism.
4. Day visitors are generally expected to park near the clubhouse and overnight visitors can also park at campsites or overnight accommodation. See the gate-keeper for a parking permit to park at the East Pier, tennis court, or elsewhere.
5. The speed limit on club roads is 15 miles per hour.
6. Visitors can hike on the hiking trails. A map is available from the gatekeeper. Cover-up (such as a towel) is required. You are visible from outside the grounds including the areas near the two gates, and on the causeway at the southeast end of Sager Lake. Visitors and members must be covered up to cross the causeway or be in the vicinity of the two gates. Hikers should respect the privacy of lawns and private homes.
7. We respect the right to privacy. Visitors are required to keep cell phones that take pictures, cameras, computers or tablets with webcams and other camera capable devices locked in vehicles, or checked and locked up by the gatekeeper. Electronic readers with no camera are permitted. Members are allowed to have cell phones, computers and tablets in the common areas. Pictures may be taken only with the permission of those being photographed and in the company of a board member.
8. Every member’s right to privacy requires that his identity as a member be held in strictest confidence. Also, throughout the grounds are private homes; we ask you to respect the privacy of home-owners.
9. Lake O' The Woods Club will not tolerate intoxication and/or obnoxious behavior. Persons of legal drinking age may engage in moderate use of alcoholic beverages at their discretion. No open display of alcoholic beverages is allowed in the common areas except at dinner and evening club functions.
10. No illegal substances are allowed anywhere on the property at any time.
11. No glass containers are allowed in the pool area or in sunning or beach areas.
12. Fireworks are prohibited on the property.
13. The club grounds are maintained by our members. Please leave them in the condition you found them or better. If there is a work project when you visit, you are welcome to participate.
14. All garbage is to be placed in plastic or paper bags, and then placed in the dumpsters at each gate. You are the responsible for the removal of your garbage to the dumpsters. Campers are cautioned to be aware that there are raccoons and that garbage should not be left where animals can get into it. Please use the can crusher next to the clubhouse to recycle aluminum cans.
15. Pets: Visitors who are camping are allowed to have pets at their campsite. Pets are never allowed in the area near and around the clubhouse, the East Pier and surrounding area, and the tennis court. Pets must be kept on a leash at campsites and when being walked. Pet owners are responsible for clean up after their pets.
16. No-one is allowed to swim alone in the lake.
17. A clubhouse is available for day use. Overnight occupancy in the club house is prohibited.
18. Please practice good hygiene and good manners by sitting on your own towel when nude and carry one with you when hiking the grounds.
19. A schedule of fees is posted in the club house. All fees must be paid and a visitor card completed on arrival
20. Smoking is not allowed in the swimming pool area or in the club house. If you must smoke, please go outside the pool fence or outside the clubhouse. Please be considerate of non-smokers.
21. After 3 visits, visitors will be required to apply for membership, purchase a season pass or be a member of AANR, TNS, Indiana Naturists or some other recognized family oriented nudist club or organization.
COMMON SENSE AND GOOD JUDGEMENT IS THE RULE AT ALL TIMES!